I was lucky enough to receive some books as gifts for Christmas. Off the top of my head:
- Hopes and Prospects by Noam Chomsky
- Hannah's Child by Stanley Hauerwas
- A Place on Earth by Wendell Berry
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
- The Politics of Jesus by John Howard Yoder
I've finished the new Chomsky, and I'm currently reading Hannah's Child. Yes, I know that the Politics of Jesus and Yoder are ontologically prior to Hauerwas. I am tempted to say by reading the first pages of Hauerwas' memoir that he and I shared some proclivities within the faith. I am sure that everyone who reads this book thinks that. It's probably a bit self-flattering, or at the least deprecating to Hauerwas.