I ran across this enchanting line in Sirach 21:9 in the LXX: στιππύον συνηγμένον συναγωγὴ ἀνὀμων The NETS renders this as “a gathering of the lawless is bundled flax.” (Followed by “and a flame of fire is their end.”) I was struck by the use of the same lexical root συνἀγω for the subject and […]
CopyingThis work is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tagsanarchism atheism Brandon Sanderson capitalism Christianity and Copyright civility Colson Whitehead Connie Willis Electing not to Vote gender-inclusive hermeneutics ignorance JBL John Scalzi John Updike labor Lectionary Radio love LXX NIV nltk Noam Chomsky Open Scriptures OT in NT pacifism Peace in Babylon preaching prison python quips readings Robert Jordan SBL SBLGNT sci-fi software technology textual criticism Thailand thesis translation Ursula K. LeGuin violence voting Žižek
- Nathan D. Smith on Ignatius and the improperly declined adjective
- Jack N on Ignatius and the improperly declined adjective
- Rigaudon: Polytonic Greek OCR | The Library Basement on Christianity and Copyright (4): The future is bright
- Nathan D. Smith on I, Commish (1): Back to Basics
- Mick on I, Commish (1): Back to Basics